Body Mass Index (BMI) is a widely used measure that is predictive of many health issues from underweight to diabetes risk. Many studies have suggested that people do not have a good understanding of BMI and what it means. We take a single number and show you what BMI means in terms of body shape for someone of your height, weight and gender.
Although BMI can be used for most men and women, it does have some limits:
- It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.
- It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle.
This visualization is provided for your entertainment. The BMI Visualizer is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18. We do not provide medical, nutritional or fitness advice.
- We do not advocate for weight change of any type
- If you have questions or concerns about your weight or health, see your doctor.
- BMI is not universally accepted as a good indicator of overall health.